2 km east of Port Blair,
Andaman and Nicobar Islands .
- To get into ross island have to take a ferry from the Water Sports Complex for a 15 minute ride.
- There are four government ferries operating daily from water sports complex in Port Blair to Ross Island.
- Veer Savarkar International Airport (IXZ), VIP Rd, Nayagaon, Port Blair, is nearest airport to Ross Islands.
- There are a few private speed boats which operate services to Ross Island.
- The journey to Ross island from port Blair takes about 30 mins.
- port blair is 3 km away from Ross Islands .
- It is better to take a ferry in the morning and return back by afternoon.
- ferry rides charges is 50Rs per person per trip.
An outing to visit the coral island, North Bay in Port Blair and the primary authoritative settlement of Britishers in Andaman Islands, Ross Island. Visit these beautiful place during your vacations.Only few miles from Port Blair is the Ross Island.Before an earthquake rocked the Island in 1941,it was administrative headquarter for the Britishers.The British then left the island and took settlement at Port Blair.from that point forward the Island would never recuperate from the decay and disregard which had set in.There is also a small museum that has pictures taken and drawn in those times. Gradually yet relentlessly the nature incurred significant injury, as banyan trees overwhelmed the structures subsequently supplanting the structures made by man. This island makes you nostalgic and takes you back in time when this was a regulatory settlement for the Britishers. The Indian Navy has remade a portion of the old structures like the bread kitchen and the neighborhood stores, from where trinkets are accessible.North Bay island is a famous place in Port Blair. The beach and the snorkeling openings in its bordering coral reefs are the nearest ones you will discover at Port Blair. A ferry will take you crosswise over Aberdeen Jetty and bring you back in 3 hour. The corals at North Bay are somewhat great and spread over expansive territory. You're probably going to spot many fish, a lobster, or even shellfishes on the coral reef.When at North Bay, the time has come to unwind and appreciate. Choices, for example, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving and Sea Walk are likewise accessible.
Ross island is controlled by the Indian navy,visitors have to sign in on entering.The island directly houses the remains of old structures like Ballroom, Chief Commissioner's House, Govt. House, Church, Hospital, Bakery, Press, Swimming Pool and Troop Barracks, all in flimsy condition, reminiscent of the old British administration.Ross Island was the headquarters of the Indian Penal Settlement for nearly 80 years.bazaar, bakery, stores, water treatment plant, church, tennis court, printing press, secretariat, hospital, cemetery present here. The food found here is also has regional influence.The island is at 15 minute ferry ride from Port Blair.spend some quality peaceful time with your loved one the island.It is a lovely place to spend few hours and learn about the historical importance.
- Tourist will be picked-up from their hotel at 8.30.After journey visitors will be dropped back to their hotel.
- The excursion starts from Andaman water sports complex where you board a pontoon to North Bay Island.
- The boat takes 30 Minutes to achieve North Bay Island. Unwind and invest your energy getting a charge out of the beach at North Bay Island. Ross Island is obvious from North Bay Island.
- On the off chance that you have booked Sea Walk then you can profit Sea Walk after touching base at North Bay Island.
- Post finish of excursion at North Bay you return back to Andaman Water sports complex. From here you board another boat to Ross Island.
- The pontoon takes around 20 Minutes to achieve Ross Island. Spend roughly 2 Hours 30 Minutes at Ross Island before returning back to Andaman Water Sports Complex on a similar pontoon.
- A private guide Anuradha is available at Ross Island and you may bring a guided visit with her. Her insight about Ross Island and its history is stunning. After coming back from Ross Island our escort picks you and drops you back to the lodging.
- March-May is best tim to visit.
- No commercial shops facility,so carry your essentials with you.
- The canteen operated by the navy on the islands serves lunch and snacks at very affordable prices.
- Registration of all visitors is mandatory on arrival so carry your ID card along.
- Dont carry alcohol with you.
- Make sure to carry your sun protection gear,beacuse island is covered with trees it can sometimes get very sunny and hot during summer.
- Carry a bed sheet or a mat in your luggage.
- Get a map of the island on arrival and plan your trip.
- There is a sanctuary which has a decent collection of animals.
- Quaint walk and silent musings.
- Samudrika Marine Museum
- Cellular Jail
- Ananda Restaurant
- Lighthouse Residency