Science Centre Corbyns Cove Rd Science City,
- By Taxi:Road is major mode of transportaion.24kms is the distance between the Port Blair and Maya Bunder which is covered by bus transport.Buses are ferried by boats in between Port Blair and Maya Bunder.Baratang and Kadamtala islands should be crossed and Rangat city should be crossed to reach Destination.
- By Bus:Busses available from Port Blair and south Andaman.Bus service is provided by the government are limited so taxi,cabs are avilable.
- By train: Chennai Central is a close railway station to andaman ,which is connected to mumbai since andaman doesn't have any railway stations.
- By Air:Port Blair is the closest airport to sceince centre which is associated with all other airport like Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and many more.
- By ship:The ships are available to port blair which connect the cities like Kolkata, Chennai and Vishakhapatnam.Three to four ships are available from Chennai and Kolkata to travel to Port Blair.Only one ship is available from vishakhapatnam to port balir.To reach port balir,it take arround three day's by ship and Five to six day's in ferries depending on weather condition.
- Take a taxi or car to reach Science Centre.Science centre is 6 Kms from Port Blair.
The Science Centre is established in 2003,which is located in port blair.It has playground with innovative slides and swings within its compound.Many models are displayed in sceince centre,which explain natural phenomena like the behaviour of fishes according to climates,the way the oceans work,guaranteeing to keep both adults and children fascinated.It is also display the experiments like the liquid painting in innovative manner.This museum is close to Corbyn’s Clove beach,Those who visit science center can also vist the clove beach especially for those travelling with school-going children.No entry fee for students upon showing their ID cards. Children's must and should visit this centre,which provides the opportunity to learn with them.Lot of tourist and locals visit this place due to its great concept and fun filled experience.science centre provides the information about the ocean.Rock sample is done here and under crust activities is shown here which is taking place in the barren islands.In science centre,the the behaviour of the fishes changes on the basis of climatic change and work of the oceans are exhibited.You can also attend the quiz about Andaman and Nicobar after acquired enough knowledge about the islands and also your friends and family members to attend the quiz.There will be six groups and in each group two each to participate at a time.Every month telescope show will be conducted and the details about the show will be published in the newspapers.The gallery in science centre helps to understand how and why certain scientific phenomena take place.This science centre has the first aircraft amphibian surveillance plane was brought to the island,which is crashed after the first week.The remaining of the of the plane and reassembled the aircraft was collected by some engineering students and kept in this science centre.Corbyn’s clove beach is close to this centre.This cntre also has planetarium which is portable and it is named as Taramandal.This cntre is surrounded by the green and many varieties of birds and butterflies can be seen here.
- Morning:7 AM-12.00PM
- Noon:1 PM - 5 PM
- Working day's:Sunday-Saturday except Wednesday
Near by Attractions
- Cellular Jail
- Ross Island
- Samudrika Marine Museum
Near by Restaurants
- Ananda Restaurant
- Light House Residency
- Adult-5 Rs per person
- Childrens below 14 years-2 Rs per person
- 2 Rs for Unexpected Science show
- 2 Rs for Fun-tastic Chemistry Show
- 2 Rs for Planetarium Show
- 2 Rs for Sky Observation and Film Show
- 10 Rs for PhotographyInside the Science Centre